Loctite Engine Sealants, Orange Loctite No. 574, 50 ML
Loctite makes effective sealants for general automotive applications. Used by pros worldwide.
- 'Blue' Loctite #242. Holds nuts, bolts, and screws against vibration, flexing, and chemicals. Parts can be removed without special tools.
- 'Red' Loctite #271. Stronger than 'Blue', use 'Red' Loctite when you're serious about keeping parts together, especially engine and transmission parts that are not easy to recheck. Part removal may require special tools or extra effort.
- 'Orange' Loctite #574. Loctite makes more than thread sealants; they manufacture a special sealant for engine case halves, cam carriers and other gasketless surfaces.
- 'Orange' Loctite not only prevents leaks longer, but offers a more even 'squeeze' for proper case alignment. This helps assure long bearing and crankshaft life.
- 'Red' Loctite #518. After years of development of case sealants, Loctite has created a 'Red' Loctite which not only is far superior over the 'Orange' version, but has a far greater adhesion rate for high temperature applications. Used by most shops not only for rebuilding high performance cases, but also for gaskets too. Expensive, but isn't your new engine worth it?